Yup, that's right. My little baby is already 3.5 weeks old! On Monday she will be a month. The biggest difference I notice with her is how much more alert she is, and she has longer awake times where she isn't screaming but just looking around the room with interest. I can't WAIT till she starts smiling and laughing. That will be so fun. I noticed that other day while feeding her that she has a dimple! It's so interesting and amzing disecovering these things about your children. I am the first person to know that she has a dimple. Such a small discovery and yet so amazing. I love finding out new things about her and seeing how intricitly God has designed her.
I have had a few doctor's appointments with her lately. She hasn't been gaining quite enough weight, (at least according to the average of what they would like to see) and so I think my milk hasn't been coming in enough. The doctor told us to supplement with formula until my milk production comes up so that is what we have been doing the last few days. It seems like she is more content, and has longer naps which is a nice break for me. Last night I threw up at 4 in the morning, and then again this morning, so it seems like I have a touch of the flu. Not super bad at this point, but definitely under the weather. Hopefully it dosen't get worse.
Recovery from my c-section was brutal the first week, but it seemed like overnight I could stand and walk again normally. I still feel it when I stretch a certain way or if I walk for a long time but I wouldn't say it interferes with my daily life anymore.
Being a Mom is a lot different in some ways then I thought, but I really love it. It's funny how the world now revovles around an 8 pound little human being. !! Ah yes. Well, she is finally sleeping for a bit, so I better go relax for a few minutes before she demands my attention again!!
Until next time....
The Ten Year Challenge
6 years ago
2 comments:
make sure you eat enough to make the milk. i found eating oatmeal really helps for some reason.
It is so fun watching your child grow into a moving, giggling, human being:) Sorry to hear that your milk supply hasn't been great. Hopfully it kicks up soon and Athena can get all that she needs.
Glad your recovery is going well - wishing I could come for a visit!
Post a Comment