Well, I'm not a very faithful blogger, but here I go again. I'm a stay at home Mom, (as all of you know) and since there are a few SAHM's out there who read this blog, I would love your imput and advice. The last couple of weeks especially, I have been battling some serious, "boredom/what the heck am I doing, and who the heck am I" stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love Athena, and I really do want to stay home with her and raise her, and all that good stuff, but INBETWEEN the good stuff, I get really really really bored. Most of my days seem made up of such trivial unimportant things, that my brain starts hurting just from sheer repetitivness and perdictiblility. (Is that a word?) I know no matter what you do, there is something to complain about if you want to - and the Mother of the small girl I am going to babysit at Jesse's work, always tells him how lucky she thinks I am, because I get to be at home with my daughter while she has to work for money reasons. I guess what I'm saying is, I need SOMETHING to stimulate my brain and get me out of the house - which is why I'm asking you all what are some things you do to keep yourself from going house crazy and baby crazy. The things I do right now are Mom's Time Out Wednesday morning, which I really enjoy, and that's about it. I am going to sign up for Mom's and Tots swimming lessons at the pool with Athena, in January (which would be twice a week) and I think that will be good because it gives me an outing and something different for Athena, as well as the opportunity to meet other Mothers. I don't want to go back to work, and I do know that I am lucky that financially I don't have to, but......even though it's been a year, sometimes I still do miss that 8-5 lifestyle a bit - that feeling of accomplishing something and working hard during the week. After a kazillion loads of laundry and the millionth time of putting the same object away, it can get to you. I know that this is such a important time in Athena's life, and I wouldn't want anyone else to have a say in her development at this stage - but I need some things I can do with her that keeps me active, otherwise I get moody and grumpy and my husband gets the brunt end of it, since he is the closest one around!! Not fun for him. If anyone has any suggestions or advice, like I said, give it to me!
3 comments:
Oh that's a tough one. Have another baby? buahaha, jk. What nobody ever wants to admit is that being a SAHM is more difficult than working a 9-5. Or maybe the grass is always greener. Who knows. Some ideas....well, in a few more months taking Athena to the park will become more fun, or indoor activity areas, they have something called "the little gym" here for babies and toddlers which is overpriced, but fun if you have the cash. In about 6 months Athena will have attained the ability to do so much more and it will start getting easier to find things to do outside the house.
I agree that's tough and something every SAHM must struggle with. Playdates with friends, swimming lessons are always fun - glad to read you're already doing that:) Finding a book study to do keeps the brain active. Going out in the evenings helps to add adult conversation to your day instead of baby talk all day long. Indoor play areas are great and I'm fully planning on taking advantage of ours this fall/winter.
Finding different activities to do with Athena rather than the same old ones can help change the day a bit. www.productiveparenting.com has some great ideas of things to do with your kids. Hope that helps - know that you're not the only one who struggles with this!
hi!! well i'm not a SAHM...I actually thought it said SHAM at first and wondered why you were calling people that..? :) anyway, I never did end up calling you..:( I have no excuse...you know when something isn't totally easy it never gets done? well that was sort of what happened, we didn't have skype, I couldn't call your phone and i was busy most evenings when I could have called Jesse's phone...by the time i downloaded skype i left Red Deer. I am planning on getting it on my phone soon, but we dont have the internet at my house so its all just so diffifult...ANYWAY those are my excuses for having no excuse...but in response to your blog...hmmm...since I dont have a child my thoughts are probably different but you could do an online course? they have them in just about everything. I could send you all my scrapbooking ;) I know you will find what you are searching for though, you are creative like that! love you!
Post a Comment