Hi Everyone,
I told Jesse to update my blog for me, but apparently he didn't! I am in Kola for the week and my parents don't have any internet, and I know it's been awhile. As far as the pregnancy goes, I am almost 13 weeks, and still feeling pretty nauseous, but not as tired, so I'm glad about that. I try to eat things that my body will accept and not reject in an hour, which makes it easier all around!! I am curious though - again, all you pregnant or past pregnant ladies out there can help me out. I get cramps right under my diaphram, that feel like the cramps you get in your side when you run too far. They really hurt!! If I stretch out or move positions they are relived, so I'm wondering if anyone else has felt those. I've read in my book that some pain can be attributed to your uterus growing, and so on, but I'm just curious to know it anyone else has had similer feelings. :) I'm hoping that after the 13 week mark, I will start to be able to go grocery shopping without looking for things to throw up in. I honestly thought I was going to puke the other day at Sobey's and I was looking for something, ANYTHING to grab, but I manged to control it. However, I did spy one of those preformed pie plate crust things, and I think I would have had to go for it in one of those. Then I was thinking though, how would that work. Would I take the pie plate full of my puke up to the till and pay for it? What if the bar code was undeneath the puke, then what? Would I just leave it there? I don't think my concience could have handled that. I mean, it's not a simple situation. Right now gocery stores don't go over very well with me.
Anyway, so I have been at home since Friday, and I love it. I ride along with my Dad on the tractor, help my Mom move trucks and farm equipment around (she drives the farm equipment, I drive the car!) and tonight we are making a fire and having pie irons and smores. You can't beat the country. I just love it. This afternoon I was sitting outside on a chair, and I heard rustling and shuffling in the bush beside me, but I figured it was just birds, but then a mouse suddenly ran out, and into the little pile of logs right beside me. ICK!! So then I went and called the dog, and my Mom moved the log a bit and then it was game over for the mouse. Poor mousey! It is also tick season in Manitoba, and for all you lucky people who don't know what ticks are, they are little disgusting bugs that stick their heads into you and suck your blood until they are so big they can't hold on any more, and then they drop off. By that time they are so huge they are white, and as big as a walnut. (They start off very little and black) The dog gets the big ones all the time. So anyway, they totally creep me out even though I've grown up with them, and of course I got one when I was outside by myself with nobody to pick it off. So I started hopping around and making screeching sounds, and found a stick. I started poking at it, trying to poke it off my leg, but of course their legs are so sticky it wouldn't poke off, and I was making louder screeching sounds, until finally I guess I got far enough under it and flicked it off. SICK!!!! The only bad thing about living in the prairies. The ticks. Thankfully they are usually just around in the spring time.
Well, I will write again when we are settled which may not be for a bit so don't hold your breath! I am driving back to Red Deer Thursday, loading up with Jesse's parents Friday, driving to Peace River Friday also, and then comes the big task of unpacking and setting up. Let you know how that all goes with a spastic dog, and a ferral cat. :)
The Ten Year Challenge
6 years ago
2 comments:
Hey Tamara!
Hope you don't mind, but I creeped u on facebook only to discover you had a very entertaining blog! Congrats on the pregnancy!
Terrin Ramsey (well, you knew me as Terrin Hay... but that's changed!)
You have quite the busy weekend coming up. Hopefully the moving goes well with your animals:)
I had to laugh at your pie plate scenario. I could just picture you standing in the supermarket wondering what to do with a puke filled pie plate:) Wish I could come help and see you! Luv ya!
Post a Comment