Friday, January 15, 2010

Exercise

Well, if you know me, you know that I hate exercise. In fact, if I'm not walking in the mall, I really don't see where walking has much of a place in my life. I despise running with such a ferocity that it even surprises me sometimes. So imagine my OWN surprise, when I finally decided to quit being such a lazy bum, and lose 10 pounds that have been hanging on since my pregnancy. I'm tired of the stupid muffin top, and having none of my clothes fit, and having to tuck my muffin into the top of my jeans when I sit down. It sucks. I've procrastinated for a variety of reasons, none of them original. I don't have time (YEAH RIGHT!!) I'm just going to get pregnant right away again so why bother (That I said 4 months ago) Who really cares about 10 pounds anyway, it's not so bad. (Actually I really hate it, and I really want to get rid of it) Those are the three that come to mind right away. So, Jesse started on this weight loss quest a couple of months ago now, and to date has lost aroundish 35 pounds. Yes, he is SMOKING HOT LADIES and I am NOT kidding! I look at him now and sometimes I just stare! He looks SO different and SO good. I tell him he's half the man he once once, literally! Haha. So, when I saw all his hard work starting to pay off, I finally decided I needed to get on the band wagon. Now, don't think this is easy for me, because it isn't. I'm only done week one, (I started before Christmas for a bit, halfheartedly, and gave it up entirely for the month of December, and now I'm doing it for real) I exercise 6 days a week, and while it's not easy to always start, I ALWAYS feel so good about myself afterward, and I really find that I am happier and definitely more satisfied with life! It's such a great feeling. Jesse is doing P90X, and I do some of their workouts, but I mix it up with Jillian (from the Biggest Loser), and Slim in Six, (a workout series that looks like it's from the 80's or early 90's, but it kicks my butt, so whatever works)!! My neck still bothers me a lot, so I can't do all the pushup/pullup workous with P90X, so those days, and days when we can't work out together I do my own thing. We have a workout area downstairs in the basement which works nicely. I have all the workous on the xbox upstairs, so I can access them whenever I want, and usually do them in the afternoons when the girls wake up from their naps. They are funny, and already know what I'm doing, and start to dance and get excited when I turn the xbox on! Natalie, without fail, will go and grab my exercise mat from behind the couch and try to bring it to me! How funny is that.

We are also following the P90X nutritional plan as closely as we can (since they do have some weird food, and we live in the boonies without specialty stores of any kind!) However I did go grocery shopping yesterday, and bought at least 7 things that I have NEVER bought in my entire life. Or actually even noticed before. Who's ever heard of rice vineger? Really? I admit that I am a meat and potatoes girl, so maybe you all are more informed than I am. So anyway, for the really strange things we substitute as well as we can. So for this week I have lost a total of 4 pounds, and since we started the meal plan, Jesse has lost 6!! Crazy. Yeah, I kind of feel like I'm starving, but at the same time, not really - I think I am just craving all those snacks. I've never eaten so healthy in my life. It's actually kind of fun, just proving to myself that I can do it, and it's always satisfying to see something through and do what you intended to. For me, it's also fun to do this with Jesse. I've never seen him so involved in the kitchen and interested in what I'm doing. Today I was sitting in the kitchen on a chair watching him make breakfast and it hit me....this was like, the first time EVER that I have been sittting, watching HIM cook!!! It was awesome. And not just cooking, I mean taking the initiative to do it, and knowing how to do it, and not asking me a million questions, till I got annoyed and just did it myself! I love this new side of my husband. He just got new glasses too, (since his got "lost" in the ocean on our vacation), and they are REALLY different than his old pair, so it's just a whole new Jesse.

We have a REWARD day coming....not till Feb.6th, but we are already daydreaming about what we are going to eat!! Jesse figured this afternoon that we would go to Boston Pizza and both eat a whole pizza, then to Dairy Queen and eat a blizzard, then to Tim Hortons for a coffee.....:) I said our stomachs will probably have shrunk so much after this month, that we'll get 2 peices of pizza in and not be able to eat anything else! But when you are eating a dry chicken breast and half a cup of peas for supper, even just THINKING about pizza and blizzards is a reward!

Anyhoo, that's what's up these days. I'll let you know how the first month goes! Fingers crossed for good results!!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Wow! I am totally impressed reading this post. Good for you for getting into the exercise routine(and the healthy eating routine). Those are 2 things I really want to do more of but my excuses are still holding me back. This post totally inspires me though - thanks for that Tamara!

Lisa Lu said...

Wow! Good for you Tamara! I'll have to get you to be my online coach once this baby's out! I am going to Mexico for a redo-honeymoon in the summer of 2011 and I WILL look hot in a two piece! I hope, lol. But, I'm like you. I have no motivation to start working out. And I have a few more than 10 pounds to lose. But, sounds like you guys are doing great! Keep it up!