Friday, January 22, 2010

Two week update

Well here is my two week update on the infamous DIET. I have not had chips for 14 days now, which must be a record in my life! I weighed in at 131.6 this morning, down from my starting weight of 136.4. It doesn't sound like a lot, but I can REALLY tell. I mean, I still have a gut, but not nearly as big of a one! I think I can tell the most in my hips. I put my hands up at one point the other days, and was like....what the??? It felt so different! Now, I've had some frusterating moments for sure, when for a couple days my weight did nothing, and went up a bit, down a bit, then up more, and that sucks when you feel like you are trying so hard and don't see results, but I guess the point is to just persevere, because there are a lot of factors that contribute. Such as building muscle, so even though I might be losing fat, I'm creating muscle so I wouldn't see a weight change. I have been working out faithfully, some days more enthusiastically than others, so I think I must be making some muscle! The whole food thing has been getting easier too. In the beginning I thought I was going to die, but I'm been feeling less hungry all the time, and it's becoming more of a habit, so I don't think about it as much. For breakfast I either have a low fat yogourt, a banana, or 2 strips of turkey bacon. For lunch I have a sandwhich, no mayo, just bread, cheese, and meat, and for snacks if I get hungry in the afternoon I have a pistachios, cottage cheese, or a protein bar. For supper we have a lot of stir frys, wraps, and vegetables. I have not had a pototato either in 2 weeks which is another first! I LOVE potatoes. Wow, reading over that it seems so boring and bland, which I won't lie, it kind of is, but it's not as bad either as I thought it would be. My goal is to get into the 120's. After that we'll see. My optimum weight is 125 so if I could get down to that I would be more than happy. I've always just eaten whatever I wanted, so this is actually humbling for me, and a good lesson for me to not be judgemental of other people losing weight. It's a LOT easier to put it on then take it off, that is for sure! To change your lifestyle so drastically is not fun/easy, and when you have a lot of weight to lose, it must just feel overwelming and impossible. 10 pounds felt that way to me and obviously I'm not done yet.

Wow, I actually managed to write a blog during the day. Amazing!! Speaking of food, I'm getting hungry! Time to make lunch!

No comments: